Thursday, October 29, 2009

Surprise Baby Shower!!!!

So, have I ever mentioned that I have the best group of volleyball players ever?!?! In case some of you don't know, I am an athletic trainer at a high school. Well, last week I get a phone call from the head volleyball coach saying that one of her players was hurt during work-out during class and I needed to come over there and get her on the Gator - so I hop on the Gator and head to the gym. When I get there all the girls are in the locker room because the coach was "upset" with them for messing around and getting someone hurt. Mind you, the volleyball nets were set up and there were balls left out on the floor (very good staging on their part)!!


Well, I go into the locker room to check on the girl that was hurt and low and behold - they surprised me with a baby shower!!! Both the varsity and JV teams were in there, and there was streamers and balloons everywhere! They are so sweet! Evidently they had been planning this for like 2 weeks and it was called operation B-squared (Baby Brighton or Brighton Bernard)! I totally felt special and appreciated, which doesn't happen often in my profession. My first baby shower was awesome!! Here are some pics from that day - too bad I didn't have a heads up so I could fix my hair or put on make-up!
The volleyball girls and Coach Green!
The volleyball girls (with Coach Green not in the picture)
Opening gifts - wow, baby blankets are sooooo soft!
Our "Happy Giraffe" bouncer!!!
Such cute onesies!!
Really, her little feet are going to be this small?!?!?
Actually seeing her name in print for the first time - it looks pretty good! :)
Cards from some of the girls

The yummy cake that one of my players made! It was 3 level - strawberry on top, chocolate in the middle, and vanilla on the bottom! She even decorated it herself! See the B 2 on top?? So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment