Thursday, May 28, 2009

Telling Jeff the BIG news!!!

So, the secret finally came to an end last night when I told Jeff that he was going to be a Daddy! The entire family (mom, dad, step-mom, uncle, sister, brother-in-law, niece) along with Jeff and I went to dinner at a great Bar-B-Que place called the Salt Lick. At that point, the only people who knew I am pregnant was my mom and sister. Dinner went fine, and Jeff still had no idea!


Once dinner was over, I put the cookie cake in front of Jeff and told him to open it. His reaction was priceless! He opened it about 6 inches, read what it said, closed the box, and asked me "are you serious? Is this for real?" I just smiled at him and said, "yes, it is for real!!!" He teared up and was shaking when he gave me a kiss and said, "I can't believe this!" My dad and step-mom started tearing up too once they got to see what was on the cake! It was fun for them to find out that way also!


Needless to say, Jeff was very excited for the rest of the night! He wasn't even able to eat a piece of the cake he was no nervous! Ah, my hubby and his weak stomach! We might have to work on that over the next 9 months! I knew if I told him before dinner there was no way he would be able to eat!



I have attached some of the pictures from last night! Enjoy! (Thanks to my wonderful sister for taking them!)



Can you see the wheels turing in his head?!?!



Double checking to make sure he read it right!



Asking me if I am serious!!



A kiss for the new Mommy!!


Jeff and me


My dad, me, and step-mom


Jeff, me, and my mom



My sister and me



My mom, my uncle, and my niece Jensen making her new favorite face!


My brother-in-law and niece Jensen
Jensen just found out she was going to have to share with her new cousin!
Whew - she still has 9 months all by herself!~

5 comments:

  1. Oh Ash!!!! That is so great!!!! Great job telling Jeff!!!

    PS you and your sister are identical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that story... made me tear up a little! Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me tear up! Excited to be apart of your journey!! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the way you told your DH! That is so sweet!! Thanks for sharing your pics too! What a fantastic memory for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it...it made me a little teary eyed!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete