Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Nausea mystery is solved!!!

So, some of you might know that I have been taking a medicine called Metformin for a while now. I was on it before I got pregnant to help with the PCOS. Once I got pregnant my doctor said I should stay on it to help prevent gestational diabetes. So, I have been taking 3 pills a day for a total of 1500mg. Pre-pregnancy I still had an appetite on the medicine, but it would mess with my stomach each time I took it.
Well, this past weekend we went to my grandparent's for the 4th of July, and I decided not to take the medicine for 2 days to see how I felt. Low and behold I felt great! I actually ate a full meal on Friday and Saturday, and had my appetite back to its normal level. So, I started thinking that maybe it wasn't the medicine and that I was just getting past the sickness stage - so I took the medicine again on Monday and Tuesday. Guess what...no appetite and I felt bad all day.
I called the doctor this morning to tell him all of that, and he said for me to stop taking the medicine. Since I wasn't eating hardly anything, I wasn't getting the nutrition I needed to help the pregnancy. He said he felt comfortable with me being off of it since I was 10 weeks along. So, now I am really excited to be off the medicine!!!!! The nausea is gone, and I can eat again! So much for the me having a girl theory! Who knows, I still might be! We won't find out until the 16 week appt with will be around the 20th of August! I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, your going to find out the sex of the baby a day before me! How'd you get so lucky for them to give it up at 16 weeks! Such fun!

    Oh and I'm glad you figured out the mystery, yeah for feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete