Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Home from Colorado!

Well, we are home from the much anticipated trip to Colorado! We are so happy that we were able to share our good news in person! Jeff and I flew in on Thursday night after our doctor's appointment, but waited to tell Jeff and Bev until right before bed. We bought his mom a calender countdown thing that said "...weeks until I'm a Grandma" and we bought his dad a picture frame that said "Grandma and Grandpa's ray of sunshine". (We put the ultrasound picture in the frame). It took Bev all of 3 seconds to see the word "Grandma" and she was jumping up and down screaming! We swear the neighbors could hear her! Jeff's dad was very excited too - he had a few tears in his eyes! :)

The next morning we told Jeff's sister, Stephanie, the good news! She came over to the house and we told her that we had a house-warming present for her. (She just bought her first house about 2 weeks ago). We got her a picture frame that said "I love my aunt" with the ultrasound picture in it, and also a little tile thing that said "Aunt: Another word for fun". She was very excited, of course!

Then, on Sunday Jeff and Bev hosted a Father's Day lunch at their house and lots more family members came over. Let's see, Grandma and Grandpa Bernard, Aunt Debbie, cousin Monica and her husband Jim, cousin Jen and her husband Chris along with their baby Tegan, Aunt Becky and Uncle Phil, cousin Chelsea and her boyfriend Gabe along with their baby Nevaeh, and Phil's parents all came over for the celebration! During the lunch we told them we were expecting, and everyone was very excited for us! Now that all of them know, we gave our families the go-ahead to share our news with their other friends and family!

We had a great trip with one exception...it was MUCH too short! Hopefully we can make it back up there sometime this summer or this fall. I did get sick one night while I was there, but I am sure it was due to my prenatal vitamins! I took it on an empty stomach, so it made me sick. Oh well, I was bound to throw-up at least once!

No comments:

Post a Comment