Monday, December 21, 2009

So many updates!

Well, as of today I am 34 weeks pregnant and should have about 6 weeks to go - but, I really only have about 3 weeks! At my 32 week appointment the doctor discovered that my blood pressure was higher than it should be. So, I was told I had "severe pregnancy induced hypertension". The sent me for blood work, had to do a 24 hour urine test, and then upgraded my condition to "pre-eclampsia". What this means is that I have high blood pressure, a decreased platelet count, and a high level of protein in my urine. So, I have been on bed rest for the past week, and will remain that way until our little girl is delivered.

She is still doing great and is growing right on schedule, well, a little ahead! Every Monday we have a BPP (biophysical profile) to check her lung function, fluid level, movements, and placenta function. Last week and today she scored an 8 of 8! Last week I had steroid injections to help her lungs mature a little faster, so everything is looking good!

The preinatologist we meet with every week told us that I will be induced at 37 weeks if my condition doesn't worsen. So, we are looking at about Jan 12th for her due date! I pray that everything continues as it is now, and she can cook for another 3 weeks! At the appt today she was estimated at 5lbs 14oz, so at least we know she will be a healthy size!

Anyway, that is the update. I look forward to every Monday and Wednesday when I am allowed to leave the house for doctor's appts! Sad, I know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment